Hey there! If your ranks aren't syncing with the server or Discord, ensure you've linked your Discord account to the forums. Also ensure you have Steam and Discord open when joining the server otherwise the rank sync is unlikely to work! ×
Hey there! If your ranks aren't syncing with the server or Discord, ensure you've linked your Discord account to the forums. Also ensure you have Steam and Discord open when joining the server otherwise the rank sync is unlikely to work!
Gruffyd Daffyd

Speak your mind: Give your opinion

This survey is public, meaning anyone viewing the forums can see who posted it & can reply to it. 

We want to know what the community want. We aim to be as community-focused as we can be, whilst the majority of the decisions are based off what benefits the community it is sometimes hard to determine exactly what people want. 

This thread is for you to reply and speak your mind about what you’d like us to do. Please note, this isn’t for you to make feature development suggestions because we have a dedicated area for that. We’re looking for views on what we’ve done with divisions etc, and what you’d like to see us do in the future. 

We’ll do our best to answer your questions and concerns. You can speak your mind if you’ve got problems with the community and won’t be punished for it in any way. If we didn’t want to hear your opinion, this thread wouldn’t exist. 

We look forward to your responses. Please take a few minutes out of your day to help us improve our standards, your suggestion could make the server more enjoyable for many. 

• Like 1

Positive: I love how anyone can join the server and get involved without having to commit a certain amount of hours per week etc. I feel the group is really well structured with everyone's ranking and the process for all divisions are thorough. Really looking forward to seeing the Dog Section and Control being introduced and set up to expand the community.

I feel we could perhaps promote PoliceMP online for others to join and get even more people involved as there has been a fair few occasions where there isn't many people playing in the evenings, but overall, I'm really happy with this community and especially where everyone within the group is really nice and approachable.

Negatives: minor bug issues, but that's expected within any server :)

• Like 2

My only issue currently is we just need some Quality of Life Patches.

Don't take it the wrong way. I know it's not easy doing what your doing. Just my sole opinion.

• Ped fixes, e.g Grabbing Ped's needs to consistently working.Animation sync (When others arrest, the Animation doesn't sync)
  • Prisoner Transport & Tow Truck. Would love them to follow the road rules a bit better & just work more in general.
  • Vehicles, Peds etc from callouts not clearing so it lags the server out. 
  • Random blips on the map from god knows what.
  • Don't know really if this is PoliceMP related. But Peds spawning in the roads.

But yeah, not really a rant. May seem like a lot. But honestly it isn't. This server is great & I look forward to the future!

xo

• Like 1

Having just joined RPU, I would like to add the following negative regarding RPU vehicles:

1. RPU vehicles should be a lot faster than Response vehicles considering pursuit handling and being able to catch up with pursuits / attend callouts. The Peugeot 306 in Response category is more faster than the RPU vehicles.

Also, SPEED RESTRICTION NEEDS TO GO - PLEASE, I'm begging, everybody hates it - much love 🙂

Posted (edited)

You asked for our opinions and here it is, 

So, me and 5 other friends came onto this server (considering this server is not populated yous should have taken that into account)

We were doing normal things learning the controls & key binds etc while doing this we were approached by JB who was a nice guy even though he called us cocks lol but we laughed it off,

Then came along some guy called 'Tom' My friend was AFK and me and 2 others were behind him parked on the side of the road waiting for my friend to come back, we were bumping into each other doing the usual 'Tom' teleported to me asked me what I was doing I told him waiting on my friend to come back & then he started to get lippy & cheeky with me, so as I tried to deescalate the situation he then said 'Are you trying to be a sarcastic cunt' then banned me for 300,000 days.

I was kicked 3 times in the space of half n hour & one of them times was because one of my friends put 'kick woodsy' in the chat as a joke and I was kicked instantly, Its very unfortunate that yous dont value your players as we literally brought 6 extra players to your server & you treat them like shit, 

Yous have lost 6 players that actually really enjoyed the server (apart from the grabbing peds that needs fixed) 

I would like to wish JB the best of luck with the server & too maybe rethink of the certain positions in the staff team. 

Edited by Woodsy

It's funny, I called you a cock because that's exactly what you were being and once you were challenged on it you started behaving which is when I then left you. 

You were eventually banned I believe for being abusive to @Tom but he can confirm why you went as I feel you may of missed out some details here. 

Even from your account of what happened you sound to be confrontational with the senior team members. You portray me here like I run everything and its my choice, its far from it. I step in where needed but I never need to, I handle the development side and take no interest in anything else. 

Player count is not the end of the world, we could fill servers over and over if we never drew an acceptable line for attitude. I prefer to see people enjoy what we develop rather than lots of people demanding more from us. 

4 hours ago, Woodsy said:

You asked for our opinions and here it is, 

So, me and 5 other friends came onto this server (considering this server is not populated yous should have taken that into account)

We were doing normal things learning the controls & key binds etc while doing this we were approached by JB who was a nice guy even though he called us cocks lol but we laughed it off,

Then came along some guy called 'Tom' My friend was AFK and me and 2 others were behind him parked on the side of the road waiting for my friend to come back, we were bumping into each other doing the usual 'Tom' teleported to me asked me what I was doing I told him waiting on my friend to come back & then he started to get lippy & cheeky with me, so as I tried to deescalate the situation he then said 'Are you trying to be a sarcastic cunt' then banned me for 300,000 days.

I was kicked 3 times in the space of half n hour & one of them times was because one of my friends put 'kick woodsy' in the chat as a joke and I was kicked instantly, Its very unfortunate that yous dont value your players as we literally brought 6 extra players to your server & you treat them like shit, 

Yous have lost 6 players that actually really enjoyed the server (apart from the grabbing peds that needs fixed) 

I would like to wish JB the best of luck with the server & too maybe rethink of the certain positions in the staff team. 

After I and two other members of the team received reports about you (some of which were from your friends so let that one sink in). I spectated you for five minutes after this whilst others spectated other people who had been brought up, in the time I watched you all you did was smash into other players cars (I don't know nor particularly care who is and isn't your friend, I act on what I see.) I teleported to you to talk to you about this, you came back with a really pretty attitude and starting saying stuff like "do you want me to kiss your lips for you" and being generally arsey when I simply asked what was going on. You also weren't parked behind me, I was at the station in spectator and then teleported to you so I'm not quite sure how you got to that.

I didn't get "lippy" with you, I sternly questioned what you were doing. If you find that lippy, I fear that you might be a bit of a snowflake.

You talk about population, I'm not going to cry myself to sleep over the fact don't play here. We have our regulars who come on and behave themselves as they should, I'd rather have them then people who can't behave. 

PoliceMP is supposed to be a fun place for people to enjoy themselves on. Each day I spend up to 7 hours sometimes even more working on stuff to improve it and the development team push fixes and content updates regularly. We use a huge chunk of our free time to maintain this community for people to play on. 

At no point did you make any attempt to de-esculate the situation, in fact I see it as quite the opposite when 3 other members of staff spoke to me about your attitude right after. You very much seemed to come on just go cause trouble. People shouldn't be kicked just because someone put "kick woodsy" into chat so I'll investigate this further for you, please let me know who this staff member was and I'll try and get the full picture on that one.

For the record, I'm pretty sure I called you a cocky cunt rather than sarcastic.

If you intend on coming back and not acting in the way you did yesterday then I propose you make a ban appeal. I'll review this when I get a chance, but if you're going to behave like you did prior then I wouldn't bother. 

• Like 1

I am defiantly not a 'snowflake' as you cant handle when someone takes the same tone of voice you gave to them back you, you were also the one who banned me permanently for saying 'I will kiss you on the lips' so hypocritical of you to say that I am a snowflake. 

You shouted at someone on the server because they 'didnt have insurance' to use blue lights while transporting a prisoner. that sounds like a really fun place!!

I am not going to tell you who kicked me when Maverick said 'kick woodsy' because once I spoke to the staff member about it he apologized and was dead on after that. 

You handled the situation poorly & I think because the server isn't very populated the 'power' got to your head and you acted like a big man.

2 hours ago, JB said:

It's funny, I called you a cock because that's exactly what you were being and once you were challenged on it you started behaving which is when I then left you. 

You were eventually banned I believe for being abusive to @Tom but he can confirm why you went as I feel you may of missed out some details here. 

Even from your account of what happened you sound to be confrontational with the senior team members. You portray me here like I run everything and its my choice, its far from it. I step in where needed but I never need to, I handle the development side and take no interest in anything else. 

Player count is not the end of the world, we could fill servers over and over if we never drew an acceptable line for attitude. I prefer to see people enjoy what we develop rather than lots of people demanding more from us. 

As far as Im aware telling someone you are going to kiss their lips is not abusive but It must be allowed to call people cocks ands cunts? bit of a weird one that one fellas, must be the power once again getting to your heads as the server isnt very populated. 

You were banned for your dire attitude towards myself and other members of the team and your failure to take the server seriously at all while myself and other staff team members were spectating you. I have no time for people who simply come on to mess around. 

Your friends are on the server currently. Having spoken to one of them, they intend on hanging around so your point about them not seems entirely invalid. You should also consider the fact two of those friends reported you to us and seemed over the moon when action was taken to remove you from the server. In my time in this community, you're the only person who's managed to gather more than 5 complaints in 5 minutes. I'll let you put that on your CV. I don't ban people for offering or threatening to kiss me on the lips, I'm flattered that you wanted to. I believe you might be confusing me with someone else when it comes to somebody being told they don't have insurance to transport someone. It's a semi serious roleplay community, it isn't taken THAT seriously. I came back from getting food 5 minutes prior to banning you and watched you for that period, I've not had any interaction with you before or since other than here on the forum. You also seemed to bring up population again. I'll clarify once again, I'd rather have 10 good players than 1000 people who are inept like yourself.

You're materialising stories and making this sound entirely different to how it actually went. You're quite the fantasist and I'm sure your imagination will aid you in the future. 

• Like 1

Here goes my honest opinion regarding the server, forums and the people in this community:

Server:

I've been around for roughly 2-3 weeks, (Ish, i can't exactly remember when I joined), I was rather fortunate the time I joined as I had learned that the previous month the server had little to no content and was still in a heavy building stage, despite this, the work and content that was on the server when I joined was great. I joined and thought the server was great, it's one of the only servers, (at least the ones I've browsed), that allows you to jump straight into the action, there's no whitelist, there's no seriously long application processes to go through just to play, you join, start at cadet, which is completely fair, but you have access to basic standard patrol vehicles, fitted with all the essentials you need for your patrol. Moving forward, if you enjoy your time as a cadet, which I did thoroughly, you can apply for PC which I did pretty much instantly, PC doesn't give much advantages other than a call sign and having an actual rank, I understand this is probably due to change in the future. Despite the early stages of development the server is in, I appreciate that there is actually a decent amount of variability when it comes to patrol, generally my patrol's when I've been on the server have rarely been similar. I can admit that some call outs do become simultaneous however this is to be expected due to the fact that more are still being added and tweaked, so I can't wait to see what will come. Even though the server is still in, what i would consider early development, I enjoy my time on it and love investing the hours I would usually do nothing, into the server and meeting new people. This is part of the reason as to why i became a Donator, because I know of some of the things that the staff would like to implement and are working towards, this will be a great project, I do hope it continues well into the future.

Forums: 

When i first joined I had a browse of the old forums, I figured there was no point registering as it looked rather inactive, so I was happy to know a new forum was being worked on, from what I'm aware, they managed to cram what would be probably a couple of months worth of work into what turned out to be a couple of weeks. (This just shows the dedication of the people working behind it), which I greatly appreciate considering there is as far as I can see nothing to complain about in regards to the forum, other than the automatic rank system which I believe is being worked on. 

Community:

Shall I start with the staff, I'm fully aware that I do tend to spend a lot of time talking to the staff, mainly Tom and Sippitts, I'd like to point out that they have made me, and I'm sure countless others feel super welcome. (This isn't to discredit other staff, i'll get to that), I'll try and write this in a way that means I'm not sniffing closely into anyone's back end, although I can assure you this is not what this post is intending. I've spoke to a number of other staff members and all have treated me with respect and kindness, followed by the casual banter you like to see anywhere. I often join communities where some members in power can make you feel intimidated and uncomfortable purely because you don't feel like you can approach them however I feel here is something different. (Just don't be a cunt, and you won't get treated like a cunt, it's pretty simple to be honest).

I'll move onto the community itself, I've met a number of different characters, everyone has there own backstory and personalities which in my opinion make this a great place to be, the server itself is a role play server however it isn't exactly defined as hardcore role play, there's plenty of opportunity to be yourself and have a laugh and joke with the other members while maintaining what we all love to do, (which is why I assume we're all on the server, is to role play policing), we're all here to enjoy the same experience, which thus far has been, at least for me, a brilliant experience, yes there is bugs and yes there will be things people don't like, (speed limiter, kekw), however the fact the staff did listen and did work to improve the system so quickly after a number of complaints came in just proves, to me at least, that they will listen to us and try and work to the needs we want, obviously within reason. 

Overall, I don't have many complaints, if any at all, for the server, and what it is at the moment, its damn better than playing LSPDFR, (which might I mention is probably more buggy), on your own.

Hopefully this post made sense and portrays nicely my thoughts on the server, forum and the community.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

As far as Im aware telling someone you are going to kiss their lips is not abusive but It must be allowed to call people cocks ands cunts? bit of a weird one that one fellas, must be the power once again getting to your heads as the server isnt very populated. 

Believe what you will, I've never banned, kicked or taken any action towards you yet you target most of what you say towards me. If you are complaining about being called a cock, then don't be one, I'm not going to chase and beg you to come back. I treat everyone fairly, including the senior team. I'm sure they will happily vouch for me calling them all cocks too. 😂

If you still feel you ban was wrongful then appeal it, I will look at it and overrule it if it was unjust but Tom seems to of justified it so I'll leave it at that. 

You should also be aware, plenty of people play on the server and the "power" as you put it I see no need for it, a community functions by the cooperation between its members. I never need to enforce any rules as the majority of the time people take the advice or realise the community is not for them and find the door. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB said:

Believe what you will, I've never banned, kicked or taken any action towards you yet you target most of what you say towards me. If you are complaining about being called a cock, then don't be one, I'm not going to chase and beg you to come back. I treat everyone fairly, including the senior team. I'm sure they will happily vouch for me calling them all cocks too. 😂

If you still feel you ban was wrongful then appeal it, I will look at it and overrule it if it was unjust but Tom seems to of justified it so I'll leave it at that. 

You should also be aware, plenty of people play on the server and the "power" as you put it I see no need for it, a community functions by the cooperation between its members. I never need to enforce any rules as the majority of the time people take the advice or realise the community is not for them and find the door. 

You've called me much worse than a cock 😞

Posted (edited)

4 kicks for 'told to back down' but as you said @Tom 'It's a semi serious roleplay community, it isn't taken THAT seriously.' but you will be kicked for joining a pursuit and not backing off & starting a pursuit? but yous can 'beta test' on the beach lmao.  great staffing once again fellas.

unknown.png

Edited by Woodsy

10 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

but yous can 'beta test' on the beach lmao

Again, having a go at me for helping people. Do yourself a favor and find the door. I've given you plenty of opportunity and remained impartial throughout but you seem to have an issue. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

4 kicks for 'told to back down' but as you said @Tom 'It's a semi serious roleplay community, it isn't taken THAT seriously.' but you will be kicked for joining a pursuit and not backing off & starting a pursuit? but yous can 'beta test' on the beach lmao.  great staffing once again fellas.

unknown.png

I'm unsure as to who kicked Kian or the reasoning behind it. Admittedly, reasoning on the kick should've been more detailed. 

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about when it comes to "beta testing" on the beach, there's nothing written about that anywhere as far as I can see. 

As far as I'm concerned, you're just trying to find problems now. I will investigate the problems you've brought up in regards to staffing, namely the kick above and & you being kicked because people asked. As a result of those points, I also intend on bringing in new systems that will help us monitor these sorts of things with ease, so for that, I thank you for the feedback. 

As for the rest of it, I'm afraid I can only see that as rambling. I welcome constructive criticism and proper feedback, but a lot of what you've said either hasn't happened or has been blown heavily out of proportion. 

• Haha 1

Just to add some context to this, @L.Sippitts kicked you all for not backing down after telling you via the radio. He was spectating you during this time.

The reason he asked you to do this was to allow RPU to take the lead. The RPU boys spend their whole lives waiting for a car chase. So when a chase occurs we let RPU have their fun. They spend lots of time training for this, so it's only fair isn't it?

Listen lads, as an outsider viewing in, I'm not too sure what you're all trying to achieve? Sometime's you all seem to be playing properly and taking it semi-serious and then sometimes you all seem to be pissing about and causing problems. I just don't quite get it. Take Cpt. Young for example, every time I've spoken to him in-game he seems to be enjoying himself and playing properly. Yet, from your screenshot we can he he's a part of your group. It just doesn't add up.

Usually trolls join the server, piss around, get banned and move onto the next one. But you guys brought it to the forum which means to me that you want to stay within the community. Is that the case?

If you are wanting to continue playing and stay on involved with the community then pissing around and then bringing drama to the forum isn't the way to go about being welcomed here.

Just food for thought. Hope to see you all playing and enjoying it in the future.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have really been enjoying this community and im staying because it my favourite server 

• Haha 1

@Woodsy I was also on the server at the time you were getting kicked. There were several of us in a call (some mods some not) but we all saw what was happening and you didn't listen to what was being told. I appreciate you may be new to the server and same with your friends but when they are ramming people so they can't get out of the station and ignoring instructions from senior officers then this will happen doesn't matter who you are if I did the same I would also get banned. 

Best thing to do is put in a ban appeal and see what happens. I would say we are quite serious when it comes to RP and we all respect that and for most of us makes it more enjoyable. As I said if you want to be part of the community put in a ban appeal and state why you should be allowed back and get your friends to do the same but if you do come back I would take on board what the people here are saying 🙂

• Haha 1

@Woodsy I saw the way you were playing on Tuesday night and I made a called a supervisor to come to sort it out 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Been playing on the server for a few days now, and I have some opinions to tune in. However there's maybe only a few a bit negative ones, because almost everyone I've stumpled on has been incredibly nice like fucking crazy, something I would've never expected to be on a server, where there is so much control on how people act and it's incredibly impressive.

Positives:

- The server gives a great first impression, with people like @Carltazey MP74Willing to help.

- There's some good RP, but also not too strict.

- Theres lots of help to come by.

- There is a lot of stuff to do, not alone okay amount of calls.

- People respect each others a lot, even high ranked treat everyone with respect.

- People are funny.

- There's a great choice amount of vehicles

Negatives:

- I've come across a few people, who took their rank a bit too far up(Wont mention any names, and wouldn't be police complaint worthy and would be quite petty)

- There's a lot of bugs going around, such as cars flying/teleporting around, and sometimes not being able to drag someone. It's also very hard to put someone in your own vehicle.

- There is raiders on now and then, when theres no staff on, but that is basically on most servers.

With that being said, I think thiss is a really great server and community, and I'm sure I'll be here for a long while and you guys should DEFINITELY keep up with your amazing works ❤️

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2